The South African Cyber Security Academic Alliance (SACSAA), in collaboration with the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU), University of Johannesburg (UJ) and the University of South Africa (UNISA), will be hosting their annual National Cyber Security Week this year from Monday 20 October 2014 – Friday 30 October 2014.
Activities thus far have included:
- The SACSAA (NMMU) Cyber Security Curriculum for Primary School Learners
NMMU held a Cyber Security workshop to launched their free cyber security curriculum for primary school learners. Teachers from the Nelson Mandela Metropole were invited to attend this workshop. The workshop consisted of:
- Presentation about cyber security and the need to teach children to be cyber safe and secure;
- An introduction to the SACSAA(NMMU) Cyber Security Curriculum for Primary School Children;
- The launch of the 2014 Educational Cyber Security Poster Contest;
At the end of the workshop all teachers who attended were presented with packages containing the presented curriculum, awareness raising posters and board games , the 2014 poster competition advertisement, and other cyber security related materials.
- NMMU launched the 2014 National Cyber Security Poster competition (Learn More).
Watch this space as Cyber Awareness Week continues.
Planned Forthcoming Activities
- NMMU will have representatives visiting local schools to present Cyber Safety and Security talks to the students.
- SACSAA (NMMU) will run a cyber awareness and educational campaign targeting all NMMU staff.
- The 2014 Cyber Security Poster Contest winners will be announced 27 November 2014.