The NMMU needs your help to create more material to help raise cyber security awareness. Enter our poster design contest and win great prizes! Several prizes are up for grabs! This year the 2015 Cyber Security Contest is running from 27 April 2015 – 26 July 2015. Enter Now!
Displayed below are the contest rules, and the contest advertisement flyer. If you want a physical copy of the advertisement flyer we will glady send it.Request flyers here.
Any posters that explain information security problems and specific actions general public can take to safeguard their computers, mobile devices, or personal information may be entered. Individuals may enter as many times as they want to. Each entry should be accompanied by contact details of the entree. Posters may be created using any media. For example: Primary school poster entrees can be done in pencil, crayon, paint, etc. Posters in the open category should be in a high quality digital format in order to facilitate easy distribution.
SACSAA reserves the right to use any entry in subsequent security awareness campaigns. Irrespective of whether or not such an entry won a prize.
Ideas for cyber security issues can be found on the Contest Advertisement, in the SACSAA Cyber Safety School Curriculum, and on this website.
Entry guidelines include:
- Any individual may enter.
- You may enter the Primary School, High School or Open Categories, depending on your age.
- More than one submission per entrant is permissible.
- Submissions can be made by means of delivery, postage or online.
- Contestants must be willing to make minor adjustments if deemed necessary and as specified based on feedback from the judges. In order to be eligible to receive the cash prizes, contestants must acknowledge and make the necessary corrections within 15 to 30 days of notification.
- Subject-matter may be about general security awareness or focus on one specific topic (as shown on advertisement).
- Content must be generic, i.e., no specific school or application or vendor names should be referenced.
- Content should have a fairly long shelf life.
- Each poster entry must be original artwork by student(s) for a broad audience.
- Hand-made may have a minimum size of A4. A3 entries are the preferred size, however larger posters are also accepted.
- Digital resolution of each entry must be sufficient to be printed at a A4 size without print scaling (minimum 300 dpi) (Open category entries should be of sufficient quality to be reproduced in at least A3 size, preferably higher).
- Posters can be posted to address supplied on poster or electronically via the submission form.
- Must use correct and consistent spelling, punctuation, grammar, and capitalization in all submissions.
- May be about general security awareness or focus on one specific topic.
- Must be generic (do not reference any specific school or university, applications, or vendors).
- Must be in good taste and appropriate for multicultural school and university populations.
- Must address topics that will retain relevance for one to two years (avoid narrow technology-specific topics such as a specific threat, virus, and so forth).
- Must be original and not infringe upon any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right.
Steps to submit online
Step 1 : Go to picasaweb.google.com
Step 2 : Login using your Google Account (usually Gmail).
Step 2a : If you do not possess a Google account click on the top right link saying “Sign up for a new Google Account”
Step 3 : Once you have logged into the website click on the Upload button.
Step 4 : It will show a large empty area with a title (Upload Photos and Videos).
Step 5 : Drag your video / poster image to the “Upload” Area.
Step 6 : The upload process will take a while depending on how big the files are. Once completed click on the bottom right “Ok”.
Step 7 : Click on the Home tab and click on the video/image you have uploaded.
Step 8 : Click on Share and add the following email address to the “+ Add more people” box - firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 8a : Add your Name, Age, School/Education Institution, Email and Contact Telephone Number as well as which Category you entering for (e.g. Open Division Poster ) to the Comment Box.
Step 9 : Remove the Public Share by clicking on the X.
Step 10 : Click Share.
Step 11 : Repeat for each entry you uploaded.
Step 12 : Changes to your uploaded media can be made up to the closing date.